Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why the Change?

A friend at work asked me for a dime for the coffee machine at work. All I had was a quarter, so he gave me the 15 cents that he'd already gathered (as I type this, I've just learned that the cent sign is not present on the keyboard.) Looking at the nickel, we first thought it was Canadian, but no, we have new nickels.



Well, not too new. It is a couple of years old. But did the nickel need a facelift? I mean hell it's taken me two years to notice a difference. Were there lots of nickel counterfeiters and we needed a new design? Damn you, nickel counterfeiters.

But it doesn't end there. I guess this design wasn't good enough. The nickel counterfeiters of the world were not detered for very long because the design was changed once again the next year. The NC's are quite the crafty bunch.


A little less creepy than the other extreme close-up version. But I do wonder why they asked TV's Dr. House to play Jefferson. He's a good actor and all, but couldn't the U.S. Mint hire an American to portray T.J. on our five cent piece?

No comments: