Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Eh...I Bought It To See Barry Weintraub Anyway.

I was at Meijer the other night because a needed some milk. Alot of times after I grab what will soon my my milk, I will walk by the DVDs to peruse the newest in stock. That's when I came across this....
Comedy Club Greats!!! How could I pass this up, and for only $10? I could tell the clips would be a little older ( since Sandler hasn't done stand-up for years, and Atell actually had hair), but these guys are greats. So I get home, pour a glass of milk, and put this newly found gem in the player. So Sandler is first, and I'd forgotten that his stand-up wasn't really the greatest, but still pretty funny for the most part. Then I sit through about 9 comics I've never heard of (okay actually it's 8, because I have heard of Mark Schiff, but not during the past decade). Then we get to Dave Attell, who is one of my favorite comics. Alot of his segment was jokes of his that I'd heard before, but still good.

Then we get to Seinfeld. Awesome....or so I thought. The voice over guy says "and now Jerry Seinfeld!", and he comes to the stage tells two jokes. Then it goes to a shot of Grauman's Chinese Theater, and the voice over guy says "Well that's it for now, but be on the look out for more editions of Comedy Club Greats!"

What!?!?!? He only got through two jokes! I could tell he was planning on telling more and probably did. But I will never know, because the fine folks at Lionsgate felt it only necessary to share two Seinfeld jokes with the audience. It's always better not to feature too much of the best known comedian of the bunch on your comedy DVD. He's at the top of the damn cover! That should be some sort of hint that you should put more of him in your little presentation!!!!!!!!!

Through my rage I was able to regain focus. I went back and timed just how long Seinfeld was actually shown. One minute and thirty four seconds! I guess the 95th second would've been too much to stand. Then I looked down and saw this....
This is somewhat false advertising. Because I can tell you the laughs sure as sh** stopped after a mere 94 seconds of Seinfeld.

I guess they need to cut down the run time in order to get all 7 minutes and 11 seconds of Bob Rubin's act on the disc.

"Who's Bob Rubin?", you may ask. My answer is "EXACTLY!!!!"

I can tell you this, I will not be on the look out for more editions of Comedy Club Greats.

No comments: