Friday, January 05, 2007

I Need Another Fix, Mom.


When I went to Tennesse a couple weekends ago, my mom sent a jar of salsa that she'd made back with me. I stuck it in the fridge and almost forgot about it. Then a few days ago, I opened it. It was awesome. In fact, I couldn't stop eating it. I couldn't even stop dipping chips long enough to go get a bowl. I probably wouldn't have gotten a bowl but the salsa level dropped below that which would allow easy chip access. Last night I finished the last of the jar (two days after having opened it). After I poured the last drops into a bowl, I contemplated a means of which I could get what was left along the sides of the jar (perhaps upside down on a plate and wait for gravity to do its job).

I'm seriously addicted. I'm so cold. I gotta get my hands on some more.

Oddly when I asked my mom to send another jar, she told me "the first taste is free, you gotsta pay to keep it goin'." I think she's been watching the Snoop Dogg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate when I get jonesing for salsa! Can't get enough of the stuff. Alas, maybe Mom will take pity and start feeding the habit?
-A

Denae said...

love some salsa, kev. and i hate i when you have to scrape the sides of the jar.