Monday, December 03, 2012

From Here to Maternity

I haven't forgotten about you.  However, the last few months have been very busy, as my wife has been making a human being.  On Tuesday our Lil' Bit was born and so many things need to be expressed.  

First, let's be honest.  The Wife did ALL of the work here.  That said, I will gladly ride her coattails in this endeavor.

Having said that.  It would be nice, if the hospital would take dad into the consideration.  I know mom and baby take priority, but could I get a sandwich?  You are getting a lot of our money, after all.  Also, I'm not particular about where I sleep, but, criminy, where did you purchase the pull out chairs for dads to sleep on?  I'm already not getting sleep; what little I do get should at least be not unpleasant.  Does that thing have a spine puncher that activates when I begin to doze off?  How can a hospital support anyone sleeping on such a monstrosity that can only be detrimental to one's health and well being?  How can something be so uncomfortable to sleep on that it makes my scrotum sore.

I will over look it all, though, because both the Wife and Lil' Bit came home a day early, and are healthy.


So, I reckon it's worth it in the end.

We still haven't gotten alot of sleep (beacause apparently our daughter is part opossum), but everyone is happy and healthy.  More posts are sure to come.

No comments: